Friday, November 19, 2010

The Legend

Legend of the LP-Box.




There was a time when my records had no safe haven and my player had no home. The player would wander from place to place playing some LPs for my listening pleasure, only to be called on down the road to a different area of the house as the floor was no safe place for a record player in a house of this magnitude. So it went for a long while until I heard the voice telling me, “if you build it, they will be safe.”



I really wasn’t sure what it meant. And I disregarded it as some sort of imagination “fart” of sorts and went on with the travelling record player. I put it out of my mind and went on with my life as usual.



I heard it again, “take heed of the legend of the LP-Box! Build it and they will be safe!”. What the Hell? I couldn’t figure it out and was convinced that I was going crazy. I decided to go have a nap to sleep the “crazies” away. As I lay on my pillow I fell into a deep, dreamless sleep. The dreamless state did not last that long and I slowly found myself in a land of great swirling colors and flying unicorns singing Beatles songs. Just then I heard the blare of a great Sitar. I turned and the giant lion said to me, “build it and they will be safe!” It made sense now! The legend was true! I could hardly believe what I had just experienced and raced down to the basement and began my project out of scrap plywood I had found tucked away behind the gigantic furnace in my basement. After a few minutes I had created a home for my wonderful vinyl! Oh happy day! Please enjoy this entry and join me next week for a brand new instalment on a project I just finished yesterday! See you next Friday!



Check out my YouTube channel “Song-a-Week” at http://www.youtube.com/ryandueck for a new song every Saturday!