Thursday, January 6, 2011

Computer Desk

Happy New Year everyone!  Thank you again for reading my blog, it is greatly appreciated!  This weeks project was many weeks in the planning and just needed some final pieces to be found to get it "off the ground".  I hadn't made anything like this ever.  The working drawers were tricky to figure out with no experience building anything like that from scratch, but once it made sense in my increasingly foggy and distracted mind, it was quite easy.  Thank you to my friends Sean and Natasha for finding the desktop for this project as it really makes it look a little more classy then other things I have built.  I didn't want to use any paint this time around as in my mind it is cheating a bit to do that, so this beautiful piece of wood that they found was really key in letting me do that.  the legs are made from the railing from our kids' old bunk beds and the drawers I found (that would have been a little too much as I don't have the right tools to make those).  I had not had much time to work, so when all three kids decided to fall asleep in the middle of the day, I set to work and had the drawers and top built in about an hour, but then my cheap drill died and I had to wait a few hours to finish it, so I brought the top up, cut the pieces for the legs and waited for the battery to charge again.  Finally it charged and I had enough juice to get the legs built and two of them mounted before the battery died again; that's what happens when your drill was only $40 at Canadian Tire..(so if anyone wants to donate a better one for free, I wouldn't refuse!).  Christmas had brought many bad panic attacks and high anxiety that I hadn't had time to outlet to these projects, so getting the time was amazing for my mind and I hope I was easier to live with once I had the chance to do this.  My mood has been dark and I have been angry and grumpy for no reason almost constantly, so I hope that this helped out with that a bit.  I had all week to work on this blog, but only got to it now as I couldn't concentrate long enough to write anything, so here it is...and even a day early!

Thanks again for reading!  I hope I haven't raised the bar to high this time.  See you next week!