Thursday, January 13, 2011

Brittanica Bookcase

Me being the cheap menno I am, was looking on Kijiji for free stuff as usual and found a full set of Encyclopedia Britannica. This new acquisition brought about a new problem: where to keep them as it didn't look so good sitting underneath my computer desk in boxes.  Well, the easy fix is a bookcase; an easy project as these go.  Dawn has had pneumonia and has missed a few days of work and our heating bill has been gigantic so we haven't had money to pay for gas for me to go look for material and my stash is running low, especially pieces that can be used for something useful like this bookcase.  So, unfortunately, I was forced to use OSB again.  It is gross to work with for something like this and me not having a table saw made it that much harder.  So anyway, I got started with two of 3 kids in bed and Dawn at work (I had been looking forward to this all day!).  I sanded down the OSB as much as I could and cut the pieces and put the thing together in half an hour!  My right hand is sore and swollen from running into the corner of a table yesterday and I can barely close it and my elbow has been bothering me a lot lately, but nothing was going to stop me from working tonight.  I didn't paint it yet as I didn't have enough of a decent color to do the whole thing so it's bare at the moment.  It's been a good couple days, as far as my head goes; I'm still in and out of "normalcy", but I've been a little happier this week.  It could be because I now have my first guitar student starting on tuesday, which is awesome and I hope to build my clientele to help out with stuff around here money wise.  So I was able to get a student and finish this project this week and have a little time to spare! 

Thanks for reading!

1 comment:

natasha said...

yay for Encyclopedia Britannica; those bring back good memories.