Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Sometimes it's nice to think about something else, but then again, sometimes it's not...

cry


I have been concentrating so much on my dad getting better that I have started to neglect those around me. It's a hard position to be in, but really it's noone's fault but my own. I have my family here and I need to show them as much love that I feel for my dad. It is so hard to try and think about other things when only a couple weeks ago I was told that my dad would never wake up. Never wake up! Everytime I think about that the tears begin to well up. I have another child on the way anyday! Would my dad want me to concentrate only on him when I have a grandson for him on the way (the ultrasound says so at least). Especially when he is healing so well and God is taking care of him. Sometimes this gets too overwhelming and I don't know what to do. Right now I can't even concentrate on putting a good sentence together...it gets frustrating.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ryan
no matter how old we get and move on with our life with our own family, the reality is that when something happens to our parents we are taken back in time as if we are children again. did you feel like a little boy, lost and afraid that you might lose your father, the man who nutrtured and cared for you. Well your dad and mom where about your age when opa epp died and they had a family to care for, nurture love and be there for. hang in there, show dawn now more than ever that she and ava are a priority for you. they are your responibilty, because that is some thing you can do. your dad is good hands....Gods hands.....your family is in your hands...which are good hands and Gods hands. we love you all. tante lottie